In life, there are a lot of things we can’t control. We can’t control where we came from, how much money our family has, and how much natural talent our greater power has given us.
However, there is one thing we can control, and that’s what we put into our body.
Our body is like a Lamborghini.
To have your Lamborghini perform at a high-level day in and day out, you can’t give it regular, cheap gasoline.
Like our body, the Lamborghini will perform at its highest when you fuel it with the best fuel possible.
Our body can’t take in regular, cheap, refined and packaged foods and perform at its highest potential.
Like what I posted on my Instagram page…
Why feed your body with crap food that increases your chances of diseases and shortens your life expectancy?
You work too hard in your career and in the gym to not give your body the fuel it needs to accomplish your daily goals and objectives.
You owe it to your loved ones and to yourself to take care of your body.
You should look forward to grinding your tail off until retirement, all that discipline and treating your body well will reward you by being able to enjoy seeing your kids grow up, your kids’ kids grow up and being able to spend time with your partner exploring what the wonderful world has to offer.
There is no magical secret, the key to dieting is minimizing consuming REFINED CARBS AND REFINED SUGARS!
Eating a ton of refined carbs and sugars raises your risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and countless chronic diseases.
Refined carbs are literally carbs without nutritional value or fiber.
The vitamins and minerals are stripped from the grains, sugars like table sugar and fructose corn syrup are added into it; High fructose syrup and sugar is horrible for you, and it’s in more foods than you think!
Here are basic examples of refined carbs (things you should minimize eating):
- White, plain wheat bread
- White rice
- Snack Foods
Foods you should choose instead:
- WHOLE Grains (Whole grain bread, whole grain pasta)
- Legumes (peanuts, soybeans, everything to do with nuts)
- Fruits (apples, bananas, watermelons, strawberries)
- Vegetables (I mainly eat boiled garlic broccoli, and salads light dressing)
Instead of bread, focus on trying different types of rices and potatoes.
Eating homemade fries or making a fresh batch of jasmine rice is a way better option than choosing bread!
Learn to love rice!
How I Go About Dieting and Eating Whole Foods
Keep your diet as simple as possible.
For me, I of course eat bread and enjoy the foods that I want to enjoy. I just minimize them and give myself a “Cheat Day” and eat whatever the HECK I want.
I literally go to DQ and grab myself a delicious blizzard, burger, and soda. I look forward to Sundays (as well as my guys that diet with me) because I EARNED IT.
I worked my butt off all week and gave myself a little treat.
Sundays are my Fundays. We love Sundays!
BUT AFTER MY CHEAT DAY I’M BACK TO ONLY EATING WHOLE FOODS AND FASTING.
As soon as Sunday night hits, I am back to it, INTERMITTENT FASTING from 7:30pm – 12:00pm and eating whole foods 6 days a week. Here are some examples that I eat:
- Chicken, fish, Steak, eggs, Sausage
Eat mainly chicken.
I put light teriyaki on my chicken and add in tasty green/red/yellow peppers along with rice.
Delicious and you can switch it up with steak or salmon.
- Sweet potatoes, potatoes, broccoli, (red, yellow, green) peppers, salads, brown rice (mostly white rice… been trying to do better with that!)
I make homemade potato fries, I add in cayenne pepper and garlic to make garlic fries, super good!
- Pistachios, and frozen peanut butter
- Frozen PB is amazing, usually my dessert
- Avocado Oil
- Don’t mess with canola, should be last pick. I go with Avocado or Coconut because its healthier!
- Greek Yogurt (I get the Danon light&fit Strawberry or Blueberry, only 80 calories)
- Frozen PB
- Halo Top Ice Cream (Birthday Cake) dairy-free and super good!
Tips on How to Intermittent Fast
Drink Seltzer Water (carbonated water)
- I drink the Arrowhead or Kroger Brand carbonated water.
- that stuff is under $1 and gives you quite a bit volume. I sometimes choose La Croix, they used to only have cans but now you can buy plastic bottles!
Drink Black Coffee
- Drinking black coffee will blunt your hunger and make it easier to fast until noon.
- Recently I’ve been taking a fat burner that has green tea extract and caffeine, it works well! (I’ll post link to get the product at bottom of the page)
- Taking BCAAs will help with maintaining muscle growth and recovery if you work out in the am and fast.
- Don’t waste your money if you work out later in the day, it won’t give you optimal gains, it’ll only take money out of your pocket.
- I do it simply because I’m a morning person and workout at 6am, my body needs them or I will lose muscle.
- I usually take two scoops (10 grams) until my first meal to ensure I have the essential amino acids my body needs to maintain growth levels. It is a little secret I learned from fitness guru Ben Greenfield.
LINKS OF PRODUCTS I TAKE BELOW (And Why)
I take these to promote a healthy inflammatory response with my joints.
Product is gluten-free and plays crucial role inside your cells involving your immune defense to sickness and disease.
I don’t know about you, but I still get acne. This stuff helps promote healthy skin and healthy aging.
The sauna has been giving back acne, I just started taking these and I am already seeing cleaner, clearer skin.
(click link ^^ to see video review)
I love this stuff. Been taking this for about two months now (Feb.)
Essentially it is your ALL IN ONE PRODUCT that gives you all of essential ingredients for building LEAN MUSCLE, while maintaining strong energy levels at the gym and getting an insane pump throughout your workout. Since taking this I have made huge jumps on my squat, deadlift, and bench.
It’ll rock your world.
This is my bread and butter go-to supplement and helps maintain lean muscle while fasting for 14-16 hours.
Don’t bother sipping on it, chug the dang thing and get your amino acids in.
It tastes good but if you workout in the am, drink it within 2 hours of your lift to maintain muscle building and repairing.
otherwise, your body will start breaking down muscle and you’ll lose it.
Get the Cherry Limeade, It’s delicious and I honestly need to stop drinking it, I have 2-3 glasses a day but really only need one. You can get this at any Fred Meyers!
Honestly, was pretty skeptical taking a fat burner.
This one has surprised me. I started taking it weighing in at 207 lbs , Currently at 197.2 lbs. So pretty impressed that I lost 10 pounds in a little over a month (not losing muscle).
If you decide to take this, I suggest taking one pill as soon as you wake up, then one pill after eating lunch.
Drink plenty of water throughout the day!
You will sweat a ton during your workouts!
Take ownership of your life and treat your body well.
Sound body brings forth a sound mind.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any specific questions.
I WANT TO HELP YOU AND GIVE YOU AS MUCH SUPPORT AS POSSIBLE.
That is why I am putting the time in and giving you my advice.
Take Action and can’t wait to see your results!
Love You all,
Make Today Count.